Most of us regularly visit the doctor to check on the status of our health. As they say, prevention is better than cure. If an illness is present already, then putting a stop to it as early as possible through health check-ups is better than treating it late.
The same is true with organizations, specifically with non-profit groups. Reviewing the health of the organization regularly can help spot problems or issues before they even arise.
Take a Survey Now
Organization Health check list
Try to answer the following questions to jumpstart your health check:
- Are legal requirement updated?
- Do we work using the best practices in the industry?
- What are the issues that needs to be addressed in our operations?
- What are the issues that needs to be addressed in our management system?
- Are there gaps in the way we do our events or activities?
- What are our strengths?
- What are our weaknesses?
- What should be our priorities?
- Should we update our training program?
Are you healthy?
Once you establish a health check system for your organization, you will be able to put your finger at the pulse of your group and detect problems right away. This is also a good medium to keep track of the progress of your goals and targets. Your organization is at its prime health if you are able to do the following:
- Plan ahead
- Change along with industry demands
- Retain and develop your staff
- Mange your resources efficiently and effectively
- Make your trustees and volunteers feel valued
- Offer quality service to members and stakeholders
- Work well with other organizations
- Meet your targets
- Improve on your weaknesses
- Solve issues or work around with problems successfully